The Britmet Lightweight Roofing slate 2000 lightweight roofing slates are designed to give you the true characteristics of a slate appearance, with its broken bond finish.
The Britmet slate 2000 is available in 7 colours. Each slate is formed out of the highest grade Aluzinc steel, coated in a granulated finish. Britmet Slate 2000 is available in a 0.45mm and 0.9mm thickness, for increased security, weighs 1/7 weight of concrete tiles and can be installed down to 12° roof pitch.
Britmet’s lightweight slate 2000 system are the equivalent to 5 traditional slates wide and 1 slate high thus enabling increased speed and cost saving when installing. Offers great value and superior performance to traditional slate and large flat concrete tile, all dry fixed and maintenance free.
Britmet Lightweight Roofing’s slate 2000 lightweight roofing has comprehensive range of accessories to complement the slate 2000 system. The low maintenance, durability, strength and aesthetic qualities of the Britmet Lightweight Roofing slate 2000 are all contributing factors in making the Britmet Lightweight Roofing slate 2000 a first choice for lightweight roofing.
Features & Benefits
- 40 year BBA backed guarantee
- British profiles to match your home and the surrounding area – beautiful aesthetics
- Lightweight – from 7kg/m2 – reduces strain on the structure or reduce new roof structure
- Low pitch – as low as 12° – avoid upstairs windows and achieve a beautifully pitched roof
- Maintenance free
- Fast installation – 10 x faster than traditional material
- Easily compatible with velux windows and similar
- Secure against vandalism and foot traffic
- Manufacturing specialist lightweight roofing systems for over 40 years
- Building Regs. approval
- DIY friendly if you wish to undertake the project yourself
- Expert technical advices always on hand
- British manufactured
- Only 2.17 slates per m²
- British manufactured
Min. pitch: 12°
Max. pitch 90°
Overall width: 1310mm
Cover width: 1250mm
Side lap: 60mm
Batten gauge (0.45mm): 369mm
Individual slate width: 250mm
Roof cover per slate panel: 0.46m2
Slate panels per m2: 2.17
Steel base: 0.45mm & 0.9mm
Weight as laid per m2: 7kg & 11kg
Base coat: Acrylic resin
Top coat: Stone granules with clear acrylic overglaze
Colours available: Titanium Grey, Bramble Brown, Tartan Green and Rustic Terracotta
Chemical resistance: Non toxic fungicide incorporated
Biological resistance: Unaffected by normal pollution
Fire resistance: AA classification equal to traditional roof tiles and slates
Fixings: The contractor shall utilise the roofing manufacturers recommended fixings and sealant
Ventilation: Roof ventilation should meet recommendations of Building Regulations 1991 (amended ‘92, ‘94). Approved Document F2 1995 ‘Condensation in roofs', BS 5250: 1989 ‘Control of condensation'.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.