Britmet Lightweight Roofing’s lightweight plaintile system is the world’s only true broken bond plaintile lightweight roofing system. The only tile to give a true characteristic of a plaintile appearance, providing an attractive and economic finish for all roof styles, even for vertical cladding.
Britmet Lightweight Roofing lightweight plaintile system can be fixed down to a 15° roof pitch, available in 7 colours, manufactured in Britain from the highest grade of Aluzinc Steel and coated with the most superior external coating on the market.
The Plaintile design equivalent to 7 traditional tiles wide and 1 tile high allows for great speed of fixings and with only 5 plaintiles per m² compared to 60 per m² traditional plaintiles. Weighing only 1/7 the weight of traditional tiles, allows for less structure supports in the Roof Design.
The Britmet Lightweight Roofing’s plaintile system is an ideal profile for those looking for a simple and elegant roofing or cladding system
The Plaintile is quick to install and is a fully dry fix system, ideal replacement for existing rosemary/plaintile roof and cladding and easy to handle.
Features & Benefits
- Versatile – can be used for roof pitched from 15 deg. to vertical
- Ideal for vertical cladding applications
- One-seventh the weight of concrete roof tiles
- 40 year full value weather security warranty
- Quick to install only 5 tiles per m², compared with traditional clay or concrete plain tiles 60 tiles per m²
- Ideal replacement for existing plaintile roods and cladding
- Lightweight roofing possesses exceptional weather resistance
- Lightweight roofing tiles are environmentally friendly
- Britmet Lightweight Roofing is a fully dry fixed roofing system ensures maximum storm resistance
- Lightweight roof tiles advantages enable savings to be made on timber content of roof structure
- Labour costs reduced due to speed of fixing
- Britmet Lightweight Roofing lightweight roof tiles are strong, robust and vandal resistant.
- Easier to handle, quicker to install
- True broken bond design
- British manufactured
- Only 5 tiles per m²
Min. pitch: 15°
Max. pitch: 90°
Overall width: 1320mm
Cover width: 1260mm
Side lap: 60mm
Batten gauge (0.45mm): 160mm
Individual tile width: 180mm ( 7No )
Roof cover per tile panel: 0.2m2
Tile panels per m2: 5 No per m2
Steel base: 0.45mm
Weight as laid per m2: 8kg
Base coat: Acrylic resin
Top coat: Stone granules with clear acrylic overglaze
Colours available: Titanium Grey, Bramble Brown, Tartan Green and Rustic Terracotta
Chemical resistance: Non toxic fungicide incorporated
Biological resistance: Unaffected by normal pollution
Fire resistance: AA classification equal to traditional roof tiles and slates
Fixings: The contractor shall utilise the roofing manufacturers recommended fixings and sealant
Ventilation: Roof ventilation should meet recommendations of Building Regulations 1991 (amended ‘92, ‘94). Approved Document F2 1995 ‘Condensation in roofs', BS 5250: 1989 ‘Control of condensation’
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.